Our Paint Preppers at Mike’s Auto Body play an important role and are integral to our production. Behind every successful painter there is a talented prepper. Mike’s Auto Body works in conjunction with PPG, our paint provider, and FinishMaster, our paint distributor, to provide those looking to get into the industry with a 4 week, paid training program. By providing our new preppers with this intense training program, new preppers are given the information and the skillset they need to master their craft and help Mike’s Auto Body, a leader in the Collision Repair industry, the ability to paint thousands of cars a year. Customer service is always paramount at Mike’s Auto Body and that’s why we’re constantly striving to ensure a seamless, high-quality, and 100% guaranteed repair each and every time.
The purpose of this internship is to facilitate student learning opportunities in the automotive body repair and paint industry. The program is two-fold and combines a specialized curriculum developed by the PPG and Mike’s Auto Body with hands-on training in automotive paint prepping. Upon completion, the program is designed to provide graduates with marketable skills useable throughout the industry.
- Selected Candidates will start in a paid four week intensive hands on training program in a State of Art Mike’s Auto Body training center.
- Full time employment will be available during this four week training period in all locations.
- This four week program combines a specialized curriculum training combination of hands on training and classroom work. This allows candidates to not have any experience necessary, just a commitment to work hard and learn.
- Perform paint preparation procedures within the paint departments
- All tools and equipment are provided for this training program.
- Classroom and hands on training with experienced trainers.
- Free industry acknowledged Continuous Education Training with I Car.